Friday, August 9, 2024

Kirkland Signature Vacqueyras. 2022

I was a bit disappointed with the Yves Cheron Gigondas that cost me $15 a glass at Everyday People Cafe in Douglas, MI. The wine was good but lacked the special aromatic qualities I expect in a Gigondas. From the 2018 vintage, it is still young. Tonight, though, eating the leftovers of my rich pasta with meatballs dish, this younger Vacqueyras gives me what I want in a Southern Rhone wine. And it cost only $11.45 for a full bottle.

Bright crimson, medium deep, clearly traditionally made. Still young and takes a few minutes to open up, but the Southern Rhone traits are apparent. Garrigue that matches up well with the herbs in the pasta dish. Red and black fruits, licorice and black pepper. Good vacqueyras at an excellent price. I will be back for more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment