Thursday, August 15, 2024

Tenuta di Arcena Chianti Classico DOCG, 2021


 Hidden away beside a fillling station at the junction of Highway 30 and Interstate 469 near Fort Wayne, IN is Salavatori's Ristorante. Salvatori's is a real gem, serving up huge portions of some of the best pasta dishes I have ever had...and at very modest prices. The wine list is modest with four or five choices of red or white wine for $10 glass. I ordered a glass of Chianti Classico, and it was so good I asked to see the bottle so I would know what I was drinking. Tenuta di Arcena is now on my buy list.

Bright ruby red. Dark cherries, blueberries, violets and blood oranges. Vibrant fruit and just the right level of acidity and plenty of flavor interest. Hint of black pepper on the slightly warm finish. Matches perfectly with the Rigatoni Basilicata.

Even though you can get a glass of it for only $10 at Salvatori's, Tenuta di Arcuna is not cheap, with a retail price of $25 to $30 a bottle. The person who knows how to make such incredible pasta sauces apparently also knows how to select wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment