Monday, July 24, 2023

American Wine Society National Tasting Project, Installment #2

Donna and I participated last night in the second installment of the American Wine Society's National Tasting Project. My tasting notes can be found above. This year's tasting focused on Southern Rhone wines. And as a Southern Rhone enthusiast for many years, I thought the wines were very well selected, including some of my favorite estates, such as Beaurenard, Chateau du Trignon, E. Guigal, Brusset, Pierre Amadieu and Fortia. My favorite at last night's tasting was the 2018 Chateaau du Trignon Rasteau; but then, as a 2018, it was also the wine with the greatest maturity.

My scores throughout the tasting were embarrassingly high, but I do love these wines. On this site, you should remember that I do not rate wines or recommend them. I have developed my own tastes over many years, and I don't want to impose them on anyone else any more than I want others to impose their tastes on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment