Saturday, March 18, 2023

Famille Perrin Ventoux, 2020

Plum Market apparently has an exclusive on this very good Ventoux, at least in my marketing area. The 2021 vintage has now arrived and is still offered at $6.79 a bottle--a fantastic price for a wine of this quality. I intend to pick up some more on my next trip to Ann Arbor.

Bright crimson red. Classy aromas of red fruit, spice and yeast. Has the fresh exuberance of a young wine plus the complexity that usually comes from aging. Fresh strawberries and cinnamon. Good backbone but great acidity keeps the fruit fresh and tasty. Don't worry about buying too much; my experience tells me that this wine will keep well and probably get better over the next year or two. But right now, it is the perfect wine to meet my every day needs. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment