Thursday, November 10, 2022

Vignerons du Mont Ventoux Cuvee des 3 Messes Basses Ventoux, 2018

This is one of my go-to wines that I open when we are having pizza, leftovers or even a special meal. It is always lovely and always brings a smile to my face.

Deep and bright ruby. Grenache (50%) Carignan (30%) and Syrah (20%), vinified separately and aged in concrete vats. Captivating aromas of fruit and spices beginning to develop into a mature bouquet. Red berries, spice, pepper. Garrigue to give it lift. Rich in fruit and flavor and a long finish. For me, this is what Ventoux (one of my favorite Southern Rhone appellations) is all about.

At $10 to $12 a bottle, this is, in my opinion, an excdellent value. I am disappointed that so few stores in Southwest Michigan carry and promote it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment