Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Edna Road Ranch 500 Edna Valley Chardonnay, 2019

Through Google, I can't find any mention of an Edna Road or Ranch 500 winery. I bought the wine for $8.99 from Trader Joe's and suspect that it was a special purchase from a well known winery. It is a "mystery bottle," so to speak, and my guess is that it might come from Tolosa, which is located at 4910 Edna Road and has excellent vineyards in Edna Valley, well known for fine Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.

Beautiful bright lemon yellow. Buttered apples and pears with a squeeze of lemon. An elegant Chardonnay with medium body and strong, persistent flavors. Good acidity from the cool climate of Edna Valley. Nuances that I didn't find in this wine six months ago. A good wine getting better. Glad I bought a few bottles because it disappeared quickly from my local Trader Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment