Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Luca Bosio Truffle Hunter Leda Barbera d'Asti, 2018

With a name and a label like this one, I expect a "fun" wine. We had it with pizza, but it was home-made pizza and very good. The wine is also home made (I think, "rustic" might be the proper term) and very good. It is fun to drink but offers serious smells and flavors that enhance the meal.

Beautiful deep ruby color. Cherries, roses,  anise and a hint of almonds. Do I detect truffles? That's probably my imagination. And the wine, after all, is named after the owner's truffle hunting dog, Leda, rather than the truffles that Leda sniffs out. Truffle Hunter Barbera is fun to smell and taste, and it has the hallmark acidity that makes Barbera an exciting wine to drink.

Truffle Hunter Barbera is widely available in the Kalamazoo area (MegaBev, D&W, Hardings) for $10 to $12 a bottle. In my opinion it is well worth the price.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment