Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Kenwood Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017

Kenwood Cabernet was high on my buying list back in the early 1980s, but in more recent years the price of the wine has sort of outpaced my perception of quality and enjoyment. When I saw this 2017 Kenwood Alexander Valley Cab offered for $13 a glass at the excellent Out of the Fire Cafe in Donegal, PA, I wanted to give it a try. I was not disappointed.

Deep, dark Cabernet color. Matured in French, American and Hungarian oak. The flavors seems to be ahead of the aromas at this stage.Boysenberries, blackberries, vanilla and a touch of cinnamon. Not overly influenced by oak. Fruit and spice flavors take over on the finish. Long and nuanced with enough acidity to make the flavors dance on the tongue. I like this wine. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment