Monday, August 1, 2022

Kirkland Signature Friuli Pinot Grigio, 2020

 

Kirkland Signature, of course, indicates that this wine is sold by Costco, and it is available at my local Kalamazoo Costco for only $4.99. At that price, I think it compares quite favorably with MezzaCorona or the inexpensive Pinot Grigios available at Trader Joe's. Friuli is a cool climate appellation near the Alps in northeastern Italy.

Very light, almost clear. Green apples, pear, lime zest. Medium body for a wine with only 12.5% alcohol. Fewer herbal tones than MezzaCorona and more flavor interest than Giacomo d'Aquino, a similarly priced wine sold at Trader Joe's. Clean, fresh finish.

While the wine is not made for aging, I suspect it would develop some interestring nuances if I kept it for a couple of years. At the price, of course, I probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment