Thursday, August 11, 2022

Domaine du Haut des Terres Blanches Chateauneuf du Pape, 2000

Domaine du Haut des Terres Blanches Chateauneuf was widely available in my marketing area in Michigan in the early part of this century. I sampled the wines at tastings and bought them enthusiastically. Tasted over the last several years, the 1998 did not meet my expectations, perhaps because of poor storage or transportation before I received it. This 2000 bottle meets my expectations plus plus.

Medium crimson with amber at rim. Bouquet is slow to open but clearly very deep and concentrated. Cherries, red berries, pomegranates and a touch of black pepper. Very concentrated old vine character. Teases the taste buds, then slowly releases flavors that build to a crescendo long after the wine is swallowed. This wine is already 22 years of age but has a long life ahead of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment