Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Domaine de Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape, 1990 (375 ml)

The 1990 Marcoux Chateauneuf du Pape was highly regarded. Robert Parker gave it 91 points and called it a "remarkable Chateauneuf du Pape." I was fortunate to get a case of 375 ml bottles and found it truly remarkable at 10, 15, 20 years of age. The last half bottle has rested in my cellar for many years, and I assumed that, at 32 years of age in the 375 ml format, it would be a shadow of its old self. But while it may not be at its best, it is still a remarkable wine.

Light brick color. The cork was difficult to remove. Has the smells of savory, mature Chateauneuf du Pape. I love it. Mellow but still full of life. Dried strawberries, compact and concentrated. Very concentrated. Long finish. Wish I had a few more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment