Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Mary Elke Boonville Barter Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, 2013

I have always liked Mary Elke's Pinot Noirs, and this wine looked like a winner coming out of the gate. Even though it is the least expensive Pinot from this estate, I expected more than I got from it tonight. That is probably in part because it was tasted alongside a very good 2006 Pinot from Bybee Estate and Habitat.

Bright medium light red. Nice floral tinged bouquet along with some fresh cherry berry flavors. Fruit is good but not very complex and there is a bit of a sharp edge on the finish. 

On the second night, I find a lot more to like. Fruit is deeper and the sharp edge is gone. Mary Elke told me this Boonville Barter should go 10 to 15 years. So maybe it just needs a little time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment