Friday, April 23, 2021

Chateau les Quatres Filles Cotes du Rhone Villages Cairanne, 2016

I can't give you much information about this estate, even though Cairanne is one of my pet appellations. Although the label suggests four females, I believe the wine is actually made by two brothers from old vine Grenache and Syrah. What I do know is that the wine, at 15 years of age, is drinking beautifully with no signs of advancing age.

Deep ruby red. Red and blue berries framed by spice and a touch of black pepper. Ripe entry followed by some gritty tannins on the mid palate but enough acidity to move the flavors through to an impressive finish that reflects the bouquet: red and blue berries, ripe and lovely. I have high standards for Cairanne, but this wine merits an A grade.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment