Sunday, February 9, 2020

Bergadano Langhe Nebbiolo, 2008

Image result for bergadano langhe nebbioloAfter my experience with the poorly presented Barbaresco at Wine Loft (see below), this bottle reassured me that Nebbiolo is still alive...and lovely. This bottle cost me $12 several years ago at Binny's in Chicago, and it's giving me several times that much pleasure tonight.

Dark with some bricking. Classic Nebbiolo scents of cherries, roses and black licorice. Lovely. But on the palate it's even better. Vibrant fruit with lively acidity--a bowl of glistening cherries and red berries. Tannins are substantial (as I discovered from previous bottles over the years), but they have faded enough to let the ripe fruit shine through. More like Barolo than Barbaresco. I am holding back on my 2008 Barolos, but this Langhe Nebbiolo is ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment