Deep and dark, a bit moreso than the Rosso. Ripe plums, red and black berries, more red fruit than I would expect from a Cabernet blend. I didn't get the herbal Cab Franc tones but other tasters did. Abundant tannins but has the acidity to keep it lively and approachable today. Medium long finish. Good wine but I'll still take two bottles of the Rosso and go away happy.
Monday, July 20, 2026
I Luoghi Bolgheri Superiore, 2020
As a Super Tuscan, this wine does not use the traditional Sangiovese blend of Tuscany but rather is 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc and 10% Merlot and Syrah. It is indeed super and I scored it 19.5, although I still preferred the Rosso di Montalcino that preceded it at the NTP tasting. At $45, it is nearly twice as expensive and not within my wine budget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment