Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Gradis'Ciutta Collio Friulano, 2019

Friulano from northeastern Italy--the young and the old (see note below) on the table side by side. Gradis'Ciutta (2019) and Lis Neris  (2011) are similar enough that 1) I will not bother to age a good Friulano but 2) will not be worried about the wine going over the hill at age 10 to 12.

Medium yellow, only slightly lighter than the 2011 beside it. Similar brightness. Pear, apple, white flowers and a pleasantly bitter twist of almond on the finish. Basically acidic but rich and full on the mid-palate. Medium long finish.

I have seen this wine listed at $47.95 online, but I bought this bottle for about $13 from Costco a few months ago. I hope it's still around because I would like to buy some more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment