Friday, December 27, 2013

Clos Baudoin Vouvray Re-Visited

What a difference a day makes. Re-corked for 24 hours, this wine has lost its stinky sulfur smells. Since it is demi-sec rather than moelleux, as I previously believed, it goes much better with spicy Asian fusion dishes from Chin Chin restaurant in Mattawan, Michigan.

Rich minerally bouquet. Honey and flowers. Plenty of botrytis. Very smooth on the palate, clings and teases. I started drinking this just as I finished my meal, Indonesian beef curry spices still on my tongue. The wine cuts through them beautifully and adds another dimension. It's hard to stop sniffing and sipping. Forget my negative comments of yesterday. This Vouvray merely needed patience and the right context. Best just after a meal but before dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment