Friday, November 9, 2012

Domaine de la Janasse, Cotes du Rhone, 2005

This is the last bottle of a case I purchased about five years ago. Deep and dark color. Plummy fruit, dark and more tannic than I remember. But it softens a bit as it warms from its cellar temperature. Not as bright and enjoyable as it was a few years ago but has generally held up well.

I saw the 2009 Janasse CDR yesterday on the shelves at Tiffany's Wine and Spirits in Kalamazoo and was tempted to spring for another case. The price was $18.99, though, considerably higher than the $11.99 I paid for the 2005. Even with the 25% discount now being offered at Tiffany's the Janasse is pricier than my other Southern Rhone favorites, such as Delas Saint Esprit, Perrin Reserve and the VDP wines of Vieux Chene.

No comments:

Post a Comment