Saturday, November 28, 2020

Archery Summit Vireton Pinot Gris, 2015

 My wife likes Pinot Grigio and usually orders a glass when we are eating out. What she likes is a tight herbal style of wine similar to Mezza Corona. I like Pinot Gris, which is made from the same grape but in a style more like Alsace Pinot Gris than Italian Pinot Grigio delle Venezie. We agreed on a case purchase of this wine primarily because it was offered at steep discount (about $5 a bottle) by Russo and Son (now MegaBev) in Grand Rapids. She finds it "a bit sweet for my taste." I find it savory and delicious.

Deepening yellow color. Savory smells that I expect from Pinot Gris: ripe apples, seasoned oak and nuts. Round and full in the mouth. Nectarine, melon and papaya. Yes, a bit sweet on the finish but also savory and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment