Sunday, March 24, 2019

Bergadano Langhe Nebbiolo, 2008

Image result for bergadano langhe nebbioloI bought a case of this wine about six or seven years ago, and, after trying it periodically over the years, decided it was a little less than I expected from a Langhe Nebbiolo. Tonight, opening my eighth bottle, I finally find what I have been looking for.

Brickish red--good sign for a Nebbiolo. Beautiful upfront floral and fruit scents; then deeper and darker bouquet--cherries, black licorice, tannin. Earlier bottles did not seem tannic to me, just not very much Nebbiolo character. I was wrong; this bottle has significant tannins both on the nose and palate. But they are opening up nicely and leading to lovely Nebbiolo flavors on the mid-palate and after taste. More like Barolo than Barbaresco. I'm not going to be in a hurry to drink my last four bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment