Monday, December 3, 2012

Repeal of Prohibition--Yea!

The repeal of Prohibition fortunately happened several years before I was born--on December 5, 1933. for my parents, unfortunately, repeal meant nothing; they remained teetotalers until the day they died.

I'm not planning anything special on December 5, but I did accept a generous wine-buying opportunity from Yorkville Cellars. To celebrate the Repeal Anniversary, the winery is offering wine by the case at half price. Phone orders are taken only on December 5, but online orders may be made earlier--50% percent discount plus free shipping! Case orders only--12, 24, 36 bottles, etc.--but the cases can be mixed.

I tasted through the whole range of Yorkville wines when we were in California last Spring, and I liked everything I tasted. It's a good old-fashioned tasting room, not unlike many of those in Michigan, with no pressure and no tasting fees. My favorites were the Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot so I put together a mixed case of those along with a few of the versatile Hi-Rollr Red, a blend of Merlot, Cab Franc, Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon.

Probably because I signed the winery guest book, I received a flyer announcing the sale, but I'm sure Yorkville would not turn away buyers who did not receive the offer. You'll probably need the discount code: BUGSY. Say the secret word, and the speakeasy door will open.

No comments:

Post a Comment