Saturday, November 11, 2017

Costa di Bussia (Tenuta Arnulfo) Barbera d'Alba, 2010

Costa di Bussia has become my favorite Barbera d'Alba, and I have been buying a few bottles each year in an effort to determine optimum aging for my taste. This 2010 has always shown well and is now beginning to show some development. I would expect even greater improvement over the next two or three years.

Bright ruby. Has classic Piedmont scents: black and red cherries with undertones of black licorice. Very inviting. Great range of flavors. Great acidity and enough tannin to maintain balance. Has the freshness to be an every day wine but enough intrigue to accompany serious dining.

I just bought four bottles of the 2015 Costa di Bussia for $12/bottle. Looking forward to giving it a try soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment