Sunday, June 29, 2008

La Vieille Ferme Cotes du Luberon Blanc, 2006

I generally don't drink Rhone whites because they traditionally tended to be heavy, vinous and uninteresting. Well, I probably need to move into the 21st century. Rhone whites have changed over the past two decades, and this LVF white is a good example.

Aromas are incredibly fresh and vibrant. It's hard to miss the pineapple character but there are also subtle tones of mint, melon and musk. Flavors are also fresh with a nice liveliness for a summer meal. Good weight on the palate--neither thin nor neavy. The more I drink of this wine, the more I like it. A serious wine for pennies. As with LVF red and rose, $6.99 to $8.99 depending on where and when you buy. In Bloomington, IN, I saw magnums of LVF for $12.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment