Sunday, May 5, 2024

Quinto do Cabriz Dao, 2014

I bought this wine for $6.99 seven years ago at Costco. Most wines at that price level are for early drinking, but when I tried this Dao wine, I knew it would age well so I bought a case. Now in its 10th year, the wine is showing the changes that come with aging, but I don't think it is through with its metamorphosis.

Bright color but garnet more than ruby. Smells are not as intense as early bottles but deeper and more concentrated. Like pasta red sauce that has been simmering for hours. Dark cherries and spice. Somehow, the tannins seem more noticeable now than they were a few years ago but they aare more integrated with the fruit, which is beginning to show darker tones. Complexity is developing, but I think there is more to come
 

No comments:

Post a Comment