Thursday, August 12, 2021

Indigenous Nebbiolo d'Alba, 2015

When I first tasted this wine three years ago, I thought it was okay but, at $13 a bottle, a reasonable buy. Nebbiolo, whether in a top level Barolo or a low-end Nebbiolo, often needs time to show its best. Glad I waited; tonight, Indigenous Nebbiolo d'Alba is a fragrant, elegant beauty.

The color is light and rusty; that's typical of traditionally made Nebbiolo and not a sign of advancedd age, as it might be with a New World Cabernet or Zinfandel. Oh so beautiful scents of the Nebbiolo trinity: roses, cherries and black licorice. Has the elegance and texture of a fine Pinot Noir. Flavors that tickle the taste buds and cling. Very dry; tells me that the wine has ample tannin to carry it along to even greater glory. But it is so enjoyable right now that it will be hard for me to wait on the remaining bottles in the cellar. Wish I had bought more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment