Saturday, February 20, 2021

Tenebres Vin de Pays d'Oc GSM, 2019 Revisited

 I was pretty negative about this wine in a note last week. Tonight I'm ready to take it all back. While we were out of town, I left the wine re-corked on the counter for eight days, expecting to find vinegar on my return. Instead the wine was not only drinkable but quite enjoyable.

No stale notes or oxidation. Blue plums and blueberries, fresh and not overly sweet as it was last week. More Mourvedre and Syrah than Grenache showing now. Still lacks the peppery structure that I like in wines from Southern France but has bright and lively acidity that holds the fruit in place. For the same price, I still prefer Pontificis and Le Vieille Julien, but I am impressed by the strength of the fruit in this wine. I will be more patient with future bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment