Monday, October 19, 2015

Collovray & Terrier Macon-Villages Tradition, 2013

I have many happy memories of Collovray & Terrier wines from the early 1990s. My favorite was the Domaine Deux Roches. At $10 to $12 a bottle, it was an excellent wine to buy by the case (or two or three) and drink over the next three or four years. I aged very well. The C&T Macon-Villages Tradition was several dollars cheaper, and Deux Roches Saint Veran, at $12, was one of the best values in wine I have encountered. The exchange rate was very favorable at that time. Today, this wine $18 and the Deux Roche bottlings are out of my price range. There is never any question about the quality of wines from this estate, however.

Medium deep yellow. Apple, minerals and citrus. All the lovely Chardonnay flavors shining through without any oak cosmetics. Still young and tight. Deep mineral-laden flavors. All Chardonnay in the distinctive C&T style. Exactly what I like; even at $18, it's a great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment