Saturday, January 13, 2024

B Vineyards and Habitat Russian River Pinot Noir, 2005

We had an exceptional bottle of this wine in September of 2016. That was etched in my memory when this wine appeared at auction at the same low reserve ($15) as the previous one. I suspected the wine might have gone through a significant decline over seven plus years, but, for $15, I still took the chance. And I am glad I did.

Medium light garnet, slightly murky just as I described the bottle consumed in 2016. Perhaps this is because the wine was bottled unfined and unfiltered; I find no negative effects on the smells and flavors. The bouquet may not be as floral or intense as the previous bottle, but the enthralling flavors of ripe wild strawberries gliding across the tongue from front to back are just as intense and persistent. Silky Pinot texture and ample acidity to delight the senses. A very special wine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment