Friday, August 25, 2023

Edna Road 500 Ranch Edna Valley Chardonnay, 2019

This is probably the best in-house Chardonnay I have ever found at Trader Joe's. At $6 a bottle, I bought a 12-bottle case because the label stated that it was Estate Grown and Bottled from the Edna Valley appellation. Even Edna Valley Vineyards gives you Central Valley rather than Edna Valley grapes in its basic Chardonnay. And this wine is the real thing, getting better four years after the vintage date.

Medium deep yellow. Smells fresh and lively. Ripe apples, buttered toast, yeast and a bit of spice on the finish. Medium bodied, medium acidity, mellow finish. I have looked for this wine every time I have been to Trader Joe's over the past two years but never found it again. I don't think there is an Edna Road or 500 Ranch Winery.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment