Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chateau Pesquie la Terrasses Ventoux, 2008

Since I've had other 2008 Southern Rhones that have disappointed me (see my note on the Domaine l'Oratoire Saint Martin), I almost passed up this wine, even though it was being offered at a good price. That would have been a mistake as this 2008 Ventoux pleases me immensely.

It's a deep, bright ruby/crimson and has all the signs of a traditionally made Southern Rhone. Black peppercorn galore with black plums and berries, spices and garrigue. None of the unripe greenness that I found in the finish of the Oratoire Saint Martin. This is a wine that is drinking very well right now, but it also has the fruit stuffing to keep it going and growing for at least four or five more years.

Pesquie Ventoux is now selling for $9.99 at D&W in southwest Michigan (I've seen it in other stores for $10.99 to $14.99). Even at the higher prices, it's a good value.

No comments:

Post a Comment