Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Frenzy Marlborough (New Zealand) Sauvignon Blanc

In another year or so, this wine might have the light yellow color expected of Sauvignon Blanc. Right now, it's as limpid as tap water, but there is nothing light about the smells and flavors--melon, grapefruit, white peaches, green pepper. I'm not a big fan of the green pepper trait in either Sauvignon Blanc or Merlot, but this wine can do no wrong. It's bursting with life right now, very intense, a perfect drink for a summer meal outside. I bought a half case of Frenzy because it's young and clearly has some life ahead of it. But I'm afraid it might be all gone by the end of the summer.

1 comment:

  1. well I'm not a very nice lover of wine, because I just taste and I like it's what I take, I don't care about the age, the kind or I don't know what else, but reading this I get interested.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete