Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Villa Borghetti Pinot Grigio delle Venezie, 2007

Of three Pinot Grigios I bought recently at Trader Joe's (all less than $4/bottle), this is my favorite. After less than a year in the bottle, the color is still very light. It has pleasing fresh scents of lime, barely ripe pears and a hint of hazelnuts to give it a sense of seriousness. On the palate, it has some of the rich mouth feel of an Alsace Pinot Gris but with a crisp finish of fresh fruits and herbs. At this stage, it's a step up from most of the inexpensive Pinot Grigios on the market and a terrific buy at $4/bottle.

2 comments:

  1. Just added this one to my shopping list. Thanks for the tip!

    Cheers,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%. It's very fresh, and has a crisp pleasing after taste.

    I'm always looking for good buys at TJ's, and this one did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete